Mobile Usage Statistics
Posted May 9, 2010on:
From an article about location-based advertising:
- 10% of cellphone owners use location-based mobile services at least once per week
- 63% of iPhone owners use location-based mobile services at least once per week
- Adults ages 25-34 are frequent users of location services, with 22% using them at least once a week.
- Consumers are interested in allowing their phone to automatically share their location in exchange for perks, such as free use of mobile applications and mobile coupons.
These stats are claimed to be from a demographically representative sample of 100 U.S. adult consumers.
- 85% use the mobile Internet (Internet) almost daily.
- 70% expect their mobile Internet usage to increase in the future.
- 84% have noticed mobile advertising, and 57% have clicked on mobile advertising.
- 67% are interested in receiving mobile coupons or vouchers.
- 93% are always on the lookout for bargains.
- 93% like being up-to-date with new technology.
MiBuys CEO Mark Bamber said in a release: “This research sends a clear message to advertisers that women are already engaged and eager to explore new cell phone services. It also supports our belief that cell phones and portable devices can already play a significant role in connecting retail brands with their customers. It is perceived that women are only just embracing cell phone services, but the truth is they’re already well beyond this point and now want access to the entire high street through their cell phone”.